Things at our office might look a little different, but the level of care we provide will not change. Dr. Jensen and her staff are committed to practicing beyond the standard of care to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff.
While our office already adheres to standard precautions, there are several additional precautions we are implementing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Screening patients for signs or symptoms of infection when we update their medical histories.
- Making sure our masks, gloves, and eye protection are appropriate for the procedures performed.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas more frequently, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms.
If you have an appointment scheduled within the next few weeks, please contact our office if you experience any of the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Contact with any person suspected or known to have Covid-19
We will discuss your health status, the dental treatment your child needs, and whether or not visiting our office will be safe for you, your child, our other patients, and our staff.
To reduce your time in our office and the spread of germs, please take a moment to prepare for your child(ren)'s visit with us by completing the following documents prior to their appointment and bring with you.
If your child's last visit to our office was within the last 12 months, please fill out the following form: (click here) *one per child*
If your child's visit to our office was over 12 months ago, please fill out the following paperwork: (click here) *one per child*
If your child is a new patient to our office, please fill out the following paperwork: (click here) *one per child*
Please bring your filled out forms to the appointment or email back to us: email@example.com
- We have changed the way we schedule appointments to comply with social distancing and to minimize overlap of patients checking in and out. We may ask to adjust your arrival time by 15 minutes to reduce your interaction with other patients.
- We will send you a link to access the paperwork that will need to be filled out prior to arriving in our office.
The Day of Your Appointment
- Please take your's and your child(ren)'s temperature at home prior to you appointment and only come in if it is below 100.3 F. Please expect for your's and your child(ren)'s temperature to also be taken at their visit upon arrival.
- Many of our forms are digitized to reduce your time in our office and the spread of germs. Please print and fill out your child(ren)'s medical history update and Covid-19 pre-screening questionnaire at home (see links above) and bring it with you to your appointment.
- We ask that your child brush their teeth and use the restroom prior to leaving the house. We will not be offering toothbrushes in the bathroom and would like to eliminate use of public areas as much as possible to reduce the spread of germs.
- Please limit the number escorts/guardians to your child(ren)'s appointment to one adult. We ask that you only bring your child(ren) who are scheduled that day and keep other siblings at home.
- For as long as Austin and Travis County enforces mandatory face coverings in public, we ask all parents and patients over age 7 to wear a mask while visiting our office.
- To reduce the spread of germs, we have removed all magazines, toys, games and coloring supplies. As well, our ipads will be turned off. Please BYOE (Bring Your Own Entertainment) for your child(ren)'s visit. As always, we will have a movie playing above your child(ren)'s dental chair. Our movie theatre is open, but will have limited seating to encourage social distancing.
- We recommend your child wear sunglasses to protect their eyes against the light and splatter. If possible, please bring your child(ren)'s sunglasses from home to wear for their appointment. Disposable/single use eye protection will be provided if you do not bring your own.
- When you arrive at our office, please wait in your car and call or text us to let us know you have arrived. We will let you know when we are ready for you to enter the building.
Dr. Jensen and her staff may look a little different with their enhanced personal protective equipment. You may not be able to see our smiles but we promise they are there. We strive to make your child(ren)'s visit as fun and "normal" as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times!
How can you prevent contracting or spreading COVID-19?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Do not use your hands.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Calling in advance will allow your healthcare provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility.
If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call. For more information about what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit the World Health Organization website.