Our office provides the following restorative services
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Composite fillings are a type of dental restoration that is made from a non-toxic BPA-free substance. Dr. Jensen uses a composite resin (white) filling material when indicated. We are an amalgam (silver) free dental practice! Tooth-colored fillings have been proven to provide good durability and resistance to fractures. Composites can be placed on either front teeth or back teeth.
- Crowns (White or Silver): If your child’s primary tooth has extensive decay, or has been damaged by trauma, action may be needed to restore its integrity and prevent infection from spreading to surrounding teeth. Crowns are “cemented” onto an existing tooth and fully cover the portion of it above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes the tooth’s new outer surface.
- Pulpotomys: When a cavity gets really deep, close to the pulp of a tooth, or even into the pulp, the pulpal tissue becomes irritated and inflamed. A pulpotomy is when the inflamed pulp chamber, usually on a baby molar, is removed. Dr. Jensen will remove all the infected material in the pulp of the crown only, and leave the living tooth root intact.
- Extractions: There are times when it is necessary to remove a tooth. Sometimes, a baby tooth has misshapen or long roots that prevent it from falling out as it should, and it must be removed to make way for the permanent tooth to erupt. Other times, a tooth may have so much decay that it puts the surrounding teeth and jaw at risk. Infection, orthodontic correction, or problems with a wisdom tooth can also require removal.
- Space Maintainers: If your child’s tooth has come out too soon because of decay or an accident, it is vital to maintain the space to prevent future space loss and dental problems when permanent teeth begin to come in. Without the use of a space maintainer, the teeth that surround the open space can shift, and impede the permanent tooth’s eruption. When that happens, the need for orthodontic treatment may become greater.
Whether your youngster needs a simple filling or extensive dental treatment, Dr. Jensen will review your child’s X-rays with you and determine the most conservative treatment plan.